I recently spent two days in Shirdi, which is one of the major pilgrimage sites for people of all faiths located in the Indian State of Maharashtra. Due to its Sai Baba Temple and a few other tourist sites it attracts 60k devotees every day
How to get there:
We took a bus from Pune to Shirdi. The journey is 5 hours long. There are Shirdi Airport and Sainagar railway station also but the railway station is not widely used.
Where to stay:
We stayed at Pushpak Resort Shirdi. There are plenty of hotels and resort to stay on.
Where to eat:
As I am from Delhi, We love North Indian food, and finding North Indian restaurants was not difficult. There are a lot of restaurants in the city offering a different variety of food.
What to do:
- Visit Saibaba Temple
- Sai teerth theme park (India’s first devotional theme park)
- Wet n Joy water park
- Sai Heritage Village
- Shani Shingnapur
- Lendi Baug and Much More.
Some Facts about Shirdi:
- Uber and Ola are not available in the town.
- Locals are very friendly and welcoming.
- Shirdi’s literacy rate is more than the national average.
- The Malaysian government wants to invest in Shirdi’s airport.
- Jackie Shroff gave up smoking and drinking while shooting for a film on Sai Baba in Shirdi.
- The temple was once privately owned!
P.S.: I don’t have pictures because I never thought I’d blog one day.